Our Recent Projects
Delivering Business Value – Optimising PeopleSoft HCM 9.2
Allen & Overy
London, United Kingdom
5,400 across 44 offices in 31 countries
Oracle Products & Services:
- Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
- eQuest PeopleSoft Global Payroll
“Working with Cedar has helped us to understand the potential benefits from optimising the HCM 9.2 technology platform. They have helped us to create a plan to deliver selected functionality and to measure the impact on our core HR Administration services which is now measured in months of time savings.”
Head of Global People Systems
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm, delivering legal services through a network of 44 offices in 31 countries.
A long standing PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Global Payroll customer, an upgrade to version 9.2 took place in 2015. This upgrade was largely driven by payroll compliance and delivered a limited set of new features/functionality at the time of go live.
Keen to unlock some of the power of the new 9.2 feature functions, A&O engaged Cedar to work with them to begin to understand some of the areas of HR that could benefit most from the new 9.2 functionality and to propose how this functionality could be implemented to realise maximum business value.
- To assess the current HR processes/challenges and to provide a set of options around how to improve using available 9.2 technology.
- To provide expected benefits, risks and implementation costs in order to prioritise initiatives for delivery.
- To plan & deliver selected initiatives, in partnership with the internal HR team.
The implementation of a Workcentre for HR shared services, smart HR templates, activity guides, guided processes for conditional processes and data driven email notifications:
- Workcentre provides a single point of entry for all guided processes, reports, links to other systems
- Responses to questions dynamically adjust the steps in the activity guide
- Guide is tuned to show only the steps that are needed by a particular instance of the process
PeopleSoft Succession Planning & Talent summaries:
- Extension of the Succession Planning module
- Use of talent pools
- Enriched the data set for career development
- Integration with ELM for training data
- Data feeds to warehouse for contextual reporting
- Significant savings in transactional processing time, training time and improved data quality
- The improvements are beginning to transform the team through providing more capacity to deal with more global work
- The provision of a framework that can be adopted globally
- Real time views of promotion pipeline
- Supports the internal conversations around the identification, development and retention of talent
- Replacement of offline spreadsheets to a single global source of truth
Want to know more about this project